Marketing psychology is a branch of applied psychology which studies the factors that influence consumers’ attitude toward products or services. Simply put, it looks at how presenting a product affects the consumer’s behavior. Marketers use it to predict how consumers will act and to find ways to influence their decisions. Making a product seem desirable or attractive is one example. Marketing psychology closely relates to consumer behavior: the study of how and why we purchase goods or services.
Borrowing insights from behavioral sciences, such as neuroscience and cognitive sciences, marketing psychology looks at how people’s feelings and perceptions influence their buying habits.
In this course learners will learn how to applied psychological methodologies to influence consumer behavior, enhance consumptions, and improve strategic business efforts.
1. Identify categories of shopper.
2. Describe key concepts of market segmentation.
3. Determine the role of perception and personality in the marketing process.
4. Determine he factors that motivate a consumer to purchase.
5. Define how social factors influence consumer behavior.
6. Assess the importance of consumer psychology
7. Explain how consumer psychology grew in parallel with the consumer society
8. Distinguish between consumer psychology, consumer behaviour and marketing
9. Apply consumer-oriented marketing
10. Apply the concepts of market segmentation and product positioning
11. Apply the process of consumer decision making
Marketing Psychology and Consumer Behavior
Consumer Decision and Cognitive Bias
Consumer Perception, Attention, Affect and Motivation
Influence of Personality on Marketing
Consumer Values and Culture
Persuasion through Social Influence
Marketing Psychology and Consumer Behavior Online
Consumer Behaviour and Branding Strategy
The supervised practice experience include 10 hours of direct contact hours and 6 hours of supervision with PSYREC's approved, accredited, certified supervisor.
*Students are expected to secure their own client.
**Supervision are conducted via online contact and reviewing case notes and recorded sessions.
Online and distance learning via our Learning Management System. Supervision will be conducted via Zoom and Skype.
This 80-hour, training program can be completed as quickly as two weeks or six-months according to your pace. It include 64 hours of theory and practice preparatory modules with 16 hours of supervised practice.
Standard fees: US$1000
Early bird fees (20% discount): US$800
Limited time only promotional price: US$188
Enter your answer here
The Certified Marketing Psychology Practitioner (CMPP) Program is ideal for educators, business innovators and social entrepreneurs, marketers, sales professionals, coaches, managers, consultants, HR professionals, executives, leaders, facilitators, yoga teachers, nutritionists, body workers, doctors, psychologists and other mental health/wellness practitioners, teachers and educators, curriculum designers and more.
1. Private practice.
2. Professional Behavioral Economics Practitioner.
3. Life coaches.
6. Corporate oaches.
9. Professional Marketers
10. Sales Specialists